Got something in your closet you don't need anymore? Here are two opportunities this weekend to donate to a good cause.
Holy Trinity and Annunciation Catholic churches are holding their annual clothing drive. They will accept "clothing, blankets and linens, small and useful household items (like kitchen utensils and appliances, not things like flower vases [see below for those]) and small furniture items that would fit in a regular size sedan." You can drop off new and gently used items on Saturday, November 10, from 9 am to 5 pm and Sunday, November 11, from 9 am to 1 pm in the parking lot of Annunciation Catholic Church, at 3810 Massachusetts Ave, NW DC.
The Little Sisters of the Poor is collecting "saleable" items for their annual fall bazaar. Donations of items will be accepted until November 11 at the Jeanne Jugan Residence, 4200 Harewood Road NE, Washington, DC 20017 (near Catholic University). Donations may include:
- spa items (new or unopened) - soap, lotion, cologne, bath oil, body wash, body scrub, etc.
- kitchen and house wares - glassware, silverware and server sets
- home decor items - frames, vases, collectible figurines, baskets, curtains, table runners, tablecloths and napkins, and napkin rings
- jewelry (costume or real)
- accessories for men and women - wallets, ties, belts, scarves and gloves
- display structures for jewelry, scarves and other accessories